Sunday, March 2, 2008

i know what you did

I knew something was up. I hopped on my scooter chair (not that i really use one!) and hightailed it to his apartment. As i arrived, i saw her. She was parking her car, her young son seated up front. I was in a fury. I pounded on the door, rang the bell and insisted on being let in. She walked up to me, brazen and cocky and entered before me. I followed her up the stairs, past his door to the top floor where she turned and walked back down. Just go in, i know where you're headed. She refused to enter the apartment. He opened the door, i stormed in and began throwing lamps and smashing furniture. Are you sleeping with her? I raged and raged knowing what the answer would be. Yes he said. A few times but yes. ("And i'm pregnant" i heard bellowed from the hallway.) I raged anew. How could you do this to me? Why? I should have expected it yet i didn't. He brushed me off. Her husband is abusive. I need to help her and the boy get to safety. I don't know when or if i'll be back.

I ran outside and confronted her. We exchanged words. She made fun of me and my scooter chair. I tried to defend myself but how could i? I was riding a damn scooter chair. I returned to the apartment but he had already grabbed a bag of clothes, some bedding and went downstairs, got into her car and never looked back.

He was truly gone.

No comments: